NEW TO MYTH? YOUR STORY BEGINS HERE…
FOR THOSE NEW TO LARPING
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
At Myth LARP, we take live-action role-playing to the next level. Our community is passionate about creating an immersive and engaging experience that will transport you to another world. Whether you’re a seasoned LARPer or a newcomer to the hobby, we’ve got something for you.
Our game setting is high fantasy, with intricate world-building, well-developed characters, and thrilling plotlines; you’ll be fully immersed in the fun from start to finish.
But Myth LARP isn’t just about playing games. It’s about building friendships, exploring your creativity, and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. Our adventure weekends are social gatherings and gaming experiences that allow you to meet diverse people who share your love of LARPing.
So what are you waiting for? Take the first step on your Myth LARP journey. We’ll guide you through everything you need to know to get started, from creating your character to registering for events. Join us, and let’s make some unforgettable memories together!
NEW PLAYER SAVINGS
New Players that take advantage of our early bird special pay only $75 for their first event, and that’s a savings of $45 on the regular $120 rate. Events tend to sell out, so if you want to avoid disappointment, sign up as soon as you can.
FOR VETERAN LARPERS
We’re not going to tell you Myth is the best game out there because we’re not competing with other games. Instead, we are focused on continuous self-improvement, always striving to outdo ourselves. Our ongoing quest is to create better stories, develop more realistic costumes & props, and strengthen our community with quality members who actively support our goals. We want to continually raise the bar on LARPing by improving ourselves. If you want to be part of something like this, join us. Together we will achieve great things.
Myth’s easy-to-learn rules are more than ten years in the making. We listened to the honest feedback of Players and NPCs from over 17 different games. They told us what they liked (and didn’t), and with their insight, we created Myth.
We designed Myth so your character can make a difference the moment you start the game. You won’t be standing on the sidelines, watching veterans take care of business unless you choose to.
We believe in strong communication and clarity with our members through our email service and established social media channels. Communication is a two-way street, so be sure to join our email list and Facebook group to stay in touch.
To us, the right props can enhance gameplay. Myth is continuously investing in the game, improving NPC costuming, enhancing sets with better props, and adding amazing special effects to adventure scenarios. We want to make a believable fantasy world that will keep you coming back for more.
WHAT SETS MYTH APART
- No Damage Calls: All weapons do one hit point of damage so you won’t need a math degree to determine how many points you’ve lost.
- Open Weapon Skills: All adventurers are a cut above the common folk allowing you to pick up any weapon (except a bow) and wield it without purchasing a skill to do so. This leaves you more points to develop your character with.
- Skill Resets: Whether it’s your first event or your 20th, you’ll always have skills available for the action thanks to a rewarding system of Short Rests and Long Rests.
- Out of Game Activities: Myth schedules out-of-game BBQs, combat practices, and other events to foster a sense of community. We want develop a positive community of friends that supports each other both inside the game and in real life.
- NPCs Eat Free: NPCs who sign up in advance for events receive complimentary meals, snacks, and drinks prepared by a professional chef.
Paying to Play – Not NPC: Participating in Myth as an NPC is a lot of fun, but if you’ve paid to play the game, you remain as a player the whole time. On occasion, we make limited NPC shifts available for Players interested in earning additional XP or jumping into a heavier combat role for a time.