EVIL GENIUS SEEKS MINIONS FOR WORLD DOMINATION
You must be at least 16-years-old to participate in Myth events with parental consent.
NPCing at Myth is your chance to experience the fun of live roleplaying without the need to invest in a costume, weapons, or food. Being a minion for a weekend or two can be a great way to dip your toes in the water before wading in the rest of the way. Along the way, you might discover what the rest of us have: Being an NPC rocks!
Our NPCs are the kind of people who love to be challenged and on the go with characters that breathe life into the game world. One moment we are playing a long-time ally and the next an arch-nemesis. From monsters and minions to nobles and nice-guys, we do it all.
What You Can Expect From Myth
Here are some things you need to know about NPCing:
- Free to NPC: Participating in Myth as an NPC is free.
- Free Membership: Membership is free. All you need to do to become a Myth member is participate in an event.
- Free Food: We hire a professional chef to provide all meals, snacks, and drinks for our NPCs at no cost to you. You get fed breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday, and snacks available at all times.
- Costumes & Weapons Provided: Myth provides all the costuming and weapons you will need to play a variety of characters throughout the weekend.
- Great Amenities: Heated sleeping area, hot showers, flush toilets, and other modern conveniences make this adventure in storytelling fun and comfortable.
- Coaching: When you sign up as an NPC for the first time, we assign someone from our Member Services team to contact you. They will answer any questions you have about NPCing, keep you informed, and guide you at the event.
- Training: Before the event starts on Friday evening, we provide our NPCs with a training workshop to help you feel more comfortable. In this workshop, we will go over the game rules and anything else you need to know. Attendance is essential, especially if you didn’t have a chance to read the rules.
- Life After NPCing: Participating in Myth as an NPC will not prevent you from becoming a Player later on. If you have been an NPC for a season or more, we may ask you to wait a season (or play only monsters) before switching over. This waiting period gives our stories time to change up before you join the Players.
What We Expect From You
Here are some things you need to know about NPCing:
- Register in Advance: Sign up for events as soon as possible. Knowing you are attending well in advance allows us to order the proper food & drink quantities. It is also helpful for scheduling encounters.
- Know the Rules: If you are planning to attend an event as an NPC, please read the rulebook or quick-start rules. The rules are straightforward, and the rulebook is available as a free PDF download on our website. Knowing the rules well helps to keep gameplay moving along smoothly.
- Dark Clothing: Please wear nondescript black clothing with no stripes or logos. Sweatpants and a long-sleeve shirt are ideal. If you don’t have black boots, black sneakers will work.
- Follow Direction: We expect all NPCs to follow the directions of the Director during the event. Don’t deviate from the plot you are running.
- Coming and Going: Your safety is important to us. If you are unable to attend the entire event and must arrive late or leave early, please let the Director know.
- Make Friends: Like Players at Myth, you’ll make a lot of new friends on the NPC side as well. The more you’re with us, the more lasting friendships you will forge.
Registering in advance helps us to order the proper food quantities for our Cast.
Can I Show Up at the Door to NPC?
We welcome to show up at the door to NPC at any time during the event. Just be sure to check in with the Director when you arrive so you can receive XP for your help.
We created a virtual 360 tour of the camp so you’ll have a feel for the grounds even if you’ve never visited before. Take a walk around.
- Where to go: Once you’ve parked your vehicle in the parking lot, you’ll notice the large building overlooking it (Pictured above). As an NPC, you can enter through one of the doors on the lower level. The downstairs area is known as Game Operations (Ops). It is where all NPCs operate to make the game story happen.
- Check-In: Once you’ve entered Game Operations, ask if there is anyone from Member Services around. If no one is available, ask for the Director, Assistant Director, or GM (Game Manager). Anyone can show you where to sign in. Member Services will be able to show you around and get you familiar with the people and the camp.
- Unpacking Your Car: It is essential to know that there are no vehicles allow on-site while the Game is running. This restriction doesn’t affect NPCs who typically move their gear from the parking lot into the lower level of the tavern building. Work with Member Services for the best time to move your bedding into the common area. Game Check-in takes place in the common area, so setting up bedding usually takes place after this around 9:00 pm.
- Rules Workshop: Our Rule Workshop covers game rules. This workshop typically takes place around 8:00 to 8:30 pm on the Friday evening of the event.
- Game Start: The action at Myth begins at 10:00 pm. Ideally, NPCs will be in Game Operations and ready to go before 9:30 pm.