Myth has always strived to maintain a consistent level of organization and cleanliness during events. We strive to keep our modern restrooms, showers, costuming, and eating areas clean for our members. This year we will be working to meet or exceed all State and CDC safety protocols in reducing the spread of COVID-19. With approval from the State of Connecticut and federal bureaus, we will be ready to greet our friends for a weekend of excitement and adventure on March 26, 2021.
We look forward to our adventures.
Anthony, Eric, and Gary
PS – The safety of our friends is our #1 concern. If we feel your wellbeing is at risk, we will cancel this event.
THE ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING
Myth intends to open on March 26, 2021, safeguarding our members’ safety at all times. Here are the steps we are taking. We will continue to adapt these steps to meet or exceed State and CDC guidelines. These guidelines include (but are not limited to):
- Staffing: We maintain a log of all participants allowing us to support contact tracing. We encourage all members to stay home if they are sick.
- Handwashing Stations: We encourage members to bring hand sanitizer. The tavern and outlying bathrooms have several places to keep hands clean. The tavern building is heated, large, and has plenty of places to wash up including bathrooms both upstairs and downstairs.
- Thorough Cleaning: We will sanitize all restroom facilities, showers, costuming, and any other high-traffic zones. We will refrain from using masks.
- Sleeping: For those concerned with sleeping close to others, we encourage using a tent set up on or near the basketball court area.
- Health Checks: All members will receive a daily health screening before the game starts. The screening will include a temperature check using a touch-free thermometer. At this time, the state does NOT require temperature checks but advises us to collect the relevant data for contact tracing.
- Expanded Tavern Space: We will be increasing the amount of space the tavern takes to offer a greater distance between tables and more seating.
- Hand Sanitizer: We encourage you to bring hand sanitizer but will also make it available.
- Signage: We will have signage to help remind people to maintain social distancing and communicate our intent. Signs will list our social distancing protocols, cleaning rules, mask requirements for members, and any other relevant information.
- Face Masks: Except when eating, we require facemasks for all members. We will remind people, when necessary, to wear their masks properly! No excuses, no exceptions.
- Travel Advisory: Members traveling from areas listed on the governor’s travel advisory must either quarantine for 14 days before participation or get the appropriate test approved by the state of CT. You can see which states are on the list here.
- Cast Masks: We will not be using monsters masks or anything other face coverings aside from the required face masks.
- Event Cancelation: If the State and CDC approve us to run, but we are forced to close for other reasons, we will be charged the full operational cost for that event by the camp. If this is the case, we will be unable to issue event transfers. Instead, we will treat the event as a GO BIG giving all signed up members 300 XP for the event, 100 XP for their PEL (no need to write it), and a 100 XP GO BIG bonus. New Players will still have the option to register as a new player for their next event. It is our hope this does not happen, but we plan for the worst and hope for the best.
We understand that risk cannot be wholly mitigated and encourage anyone who is immunocompromised or just too nervous about attending an event like this to remain at home.