Myth has always strived to maintain a consistent level of organization and cleanliness during events. We strive to keep our modern restrooms, showers, costuming, and eating areas clean for our members. This year we will be working to meet or exceed all State and CDC safety protocols in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
With approval from the State of Connecticut and federal bureaus, we will be ready to greet our friends for a weekend of excitement and adventure on March 26, 2021.
We look forward to your visit.
Anthony, Eric, and Gary
THE ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING
Myth intends to open on March 26, 2021, safeguarding our members’ safety at all times. Here are the steps we are taking. We will continue to adapt these steps to meet or exceed State and CDC guidelines. These guidelines include (but are not limited to):
- Staffing: We maintain a log of all participants allowing us to support contact tracing. We encourage all members to stay home if they are sick.
- Handwashing Stations: We encourage members to bring hand sanitizer. The tavern and outlying bathrooms have several places to keep hands clean. The tavern building is heated, large, and has plenty of places to wash up including bathrooms both upstairs and downstairs.
- Thorough Cleaning: We will sanitize all restroom facilities, showers, costuming, and any other high-traffic zones. We will refrain from using masks.
- Sleeping: For those concerned with sleeping close to others, we encourage using a tent set up on or near the basketball court area.
- Health Checks: All members will receive a daily health screening before the game starts. The screening will include a temperature check using a touch-free thermometer. At this time, the state does NOT require temperature checks but advises us to collect the relevant data for contact tracing.
- Expanded Tavern Space: We will be increasing the amount of space the tavern takes to offer a greater distance between tables and more seating.
- Hand Sanitizer: We encourage you to bring hand sanitizer but will also make it available.
- Signage: We will have signage to help remind people to maintain social distancing and communicate our intent. Signs will list our social distancing protocols, cleaning rules, mask requirements for members, and any other relevant information.
- Face Masks: Except when eating, we require facemasks for all members. We will remind people, when necessary, to wear their masks properly! No excuses, no exceptions.
- Travel Advisory: Members traveling from areas listed on the governor’s travel advisory must either quarantine for 14 days before participation or get the appropriate test approved by the state of CT. You can see which states are on the list here.
- Refunds: If you cannot attend the event due to illness or safety concerns, we are happy to migrate your registration to a future event. You usually must provide two week’s notice, but we are making an exception for the safety of everyone involved.
- Cast Masks: We do not intend to use monster masks and similar face coverings during the event.
We understand that risk cannot be wholly mitigated and encourage anyone who is immunocompromised or just too nervous about attending an event like this to remain at home.